Best Posture Corrector For Men & Women To Reverse Bad Posture
Bad posture can cause so much more than what we initially thought. If you think bad posture will only affect your stance and built, you couldn’t be more wrong. It may also be the cause of some serious diseases and illnesses. In short, poor posture can cost us our health.
This article is specifically dedicated to all individuals who care about their health and want to reverse their bad posture habits. And if you are looking for the best posture corrector for men and women, this article is for you.
Poor Posture Correction Is Real
Fortunately, bad posture can still be reversed except those caused by severe osteoporosis or scoliosis. These conditions already need specialized treatments from professional. For mild cases, there are certain guidelines that you need to follow to fix your bad posture.
Doing certain exercise will help you improve bad posture. In fact, a lot of fitness enthusiasts usually have impressive posture. This is because strength exercise helps strengthen the bones in our body, as well as the muscles that surround them.
This means that there is a lesser chance for you to suffer a bone fracture, muscle imbalances, muscle strain, and injury which can be the cause of bad posture.
A balanced diet will not only gives you enough nutrients needed, but also help you maintain your weight. Hence, you are actually hitting two birds with one stone if you adhere to this guideline. You can avoid those excess fats that cause obesity and have enough calcium and vitamins for stronger and healthier you.
If you want to speed up the result and have a good posture again, you need more than just exercises and diet. There are already best posture correctors for men and women on the market recently that can help you improve your stance. Wearing the high quality posture corrector is a great alternative for individuals who don’t have the time to hit the gym.
Best Posture Corrector For Men & Women
So, what is the best posture corrector that can deliver your desired result? Well, I’ve compiled a list of the most coveted and cost-efficient posture correctors for both men and women. Check them out below and choose the one that suits your liking.
** Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can click links above to see current prices and read customer's review on Amazon
Posture Corrector Reviews
StabilityAce Upper Back Posture Corrector Brace and Clavicle Support
StabilityAce is one of the commendable and best posture corrector for men and even for kids. Its durable strap with padded foam and movable D-rings allow you to adjust its tightness. Product comes in 4 different sizes from small to extra-large.
- Soft padding is great for people with clavicular fractures.
- The wide-range of sizes allows easy adjustment around the chest and under the armpit. Hence, women with petite physique can also use this posture corrector.
- Most buyers of this product praise it for strong built and high-quality construction.
- Your shoulder will be straightened all day long.
- This product proven to reduce soreness in the shoulder area.
- StabilityAce prevents you from hunching forward; thus, you need to curtsy to pick things up.
- Some buyers don’t like the design and complain about armpit rash. However, some customers suggest to wear it with a shirt on to avoid direct skin contact. You can also re-adjust the tightness so as not to cause too much restriction when you move.
Comfort Posture Corrector and Back Support Brace
This equipment is considered to be one of the best posture correctors for women. You need to wear the posture brace for about 15-20 minutes on the first day, and then add another 20 minutes every single day, until you reach the maximum of 4 hours daily.
- Posture corrector for women with lordosis, kyphoscoliosis, kyphosis, and winged scapula.
- Equipment helps prevents conditions like progressive spinal curvature. It also helps reduce scoliotic decompensation.
- High-quality materials: Cotton lining inside the back make this back support brace comfortable to use.
- Manufactured by experts in orthopedic who have expertise in posture corrector designs for 15 years now.
- Others considered this as the best posture corrector for men and women because of its effectiveness in alleviating back pain.
- Some buyers complain about the materials getting hot after a long day of use.
- The manufacturer doesn’t offer a return policy, and some customers are not happy about it. So, make sure you’ve got the right size before finalizing your purchase.
- Male buyers complain about the products design, saying it resembles a tight corset.
BSN Medical Pro-lite Deluxe Clavicle Support
Clavicle support from FLA Orthopedics does a great job to fix your bad posture. This is a highly suggested best posture corrector for men, but women who buy this product are loving it just the same. Its backpack-like design pulls shoulder straight to provide good support to your posture. The product also offers a size chart for your convenience; hence, size mix-up incidents are minimized.
- Recommended choice for individuals with forward neck posture as the brace will pull your shoulders back to align properly.
- It has 5 available sizes. You can check on the size chart provided before purchasing.
- Comfort is never an issue with this product as it has extra soft padding that prevents moisture for guaranteed comfort.
- Made with Velcro straps for durability. The straps are also adjustable.
- Proven to alleviate back, neck, and shoulder pain.
- Equipment applies a mild pressure at the center of your back as a reminder for good posture. This feature maybe likable to some while others find it annoying.
- Some customers complain about the thick straps which cause them to hardy close their arm.
- You might need an extra hand to properly wear the product.
Neo G Medical Grade Dorsolumbar Lower/Mid/Upper Back Support
If what you are looking for is the best posture corrector for women that supports the lower, middle, and upper back, then this is choice for you. This Neo G posture brace is specially designed to reduce mild thoracic kyphosis condition, as well as support and improve your posture in the long run. It's made of flexible materials yet firm and effective in doing its job.
- You can guarantee that this Neo G posture brace and support is expert approved. This is registered and approved by Medicine and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency.
- A class 1 medical device to ensure you quality and performance.
- Made of breathable material for added comfort. Hence, even if you sweat a lot throughout the day, the material will not feel sticky and itchy.
- Product is also designed with a slimline support. This design allows you to wear it under everyday clothing like shirts.
- An impressive flexibility and adjustable straps allow you to adjust at your preferred level.
- Ability to correct round and slumped shoulders is what makes this Neo G posture brace one of the best posture correctors for women.
- The slimline design is not suitable for men with bulky body structure.
- Small size of this product may still be too big for small petite women. So, check your size beforehand.
Neoprene Lower Back Brace Posture Corrector Clavicle Support
Last, but not the least, on our list is the Neoprene Lower Back Brace Posture Corrector by Real Doctors. Key features are unisex design and easily adjustable straps.
- Multiple sizes to cater both men and women buyers.
- Undetectable design allows you to wear it under shirt.
- You can guarantee that the product doesn’t have side effects that are harmful to your health as it is 100% medically approved by doctors.
- The materials and design are easy to wear, adjust, and wash.
- Equipment is ideal for those who suffer back pain a lot and proven to support your posture.
- This back brace posture is great for people who have slouching and slumping habit.
- The underarm part of the design may rub a little; thus, a little tweaking is needed.
- Some customers complain about the sizing. Apparently, the XL size may not be too large for people who usually wear an average large shirt.
And that’s it— our top 5 best posture correctors for men and women! Among all the 5 products on the list, I personally like the Neo G Back Support because of its lightweight and slim design. I can wear the posture brace under my normal shirt. The neutral color is also an added point for me. I don’t have a severe bad posture, so its ability to support correct posture is enough.
Why Do We Develop Bad Posture?
While some have an impressive built and good posture, there are some people who are not so fortunate and struggle to reverse their poor posture. But why do we develop bad posture? Why do we unconsciously have the habit of slouching when we stand, sit, or walk? Below are the common causes of bad posture:
Many of us blame slouching habits for our bad posture, but what many of us don’t know is that bad posture can greatly influence of the nutritional state of our body. The spine and back need a specific amount of certain nutrients such as calcium and vitamins to function well and support the body weight.
If any of these nutrients are inadequate, then your spine and back may not be able to function properly, giving you a bad posture in the long run.
This is usually the case why people are more prone to osteoporosis when they get older. Our body processes nutrients less as we get older; hence, not enough nutrients are absorbed in our bones. To prevent nutrient deficiency, always be cautious of your calcium, vitamins, and minerals intake and make sure you’ve got enough to maintain healthy bones.
A lot of people with bad posture often suffer obesity as well. This is quite true as body weight plays a significant role as to how we carry our posture. Remember, our spine and back are the two most important areas that determine our posture.
Excess weight can cause too much strain on your spine and back which may affect as to how you carry your body when standing or walking. Your body cannot possibly support too much weight that is beyond normal.
Bad posture caused by obesity is often the case with people who have stomach belly. The lower back is pulled forward due to the excessive weight caused by the additional weight of the stomach. In a nutshell, we should maintain a fit physique is we want to improve our posture.
Bad Habits from Jobs
It no longer comes as a surprise why people with bad posture habits have poor posture. However, we unconsciously develop these habits because of the nature of our job. Desk jobs, for instance, is one of the leading work environment that causes bad posture.
Office workers are usually slumping and slouching on their desks not caring about proper posture when sitting. This is also the case of freelance talents. Because they usually do their jobs at home, they are just content with working without a proper desk or chair and would just bend over the sofa or bed to get the work done.
It's quite funny how fashion evolves so much over the course of a decade. The comfortable flat shoes before are deemed old fashioned nowadays. Women, in particular, are now fond of wearing high heels with exaggerating height.
While those stilettos are sexy to look at, they can also be the cause of your bad posture if you don’t know how to walk properly while wearing one. Moreover, uncomfortable clothing like a crop top, short skirts, etc. can also cause bad posture. According to experts, if you wear uncomfortable clothing, this may affect how you carry yourself, thus, affecting your body’s posture.
Maintaining a good posture is a must-do for a healthier body. We can eat the right foods and follow the recommended exercises, but if we have a bad posture habit, we already need a supplementary product like the posture correctors or back braces to help us achieve a straight, healthy physique.
Have you tried any of these posture correctors and braces? Maybe you’ve tried other brands that you think are great?
Share your thoughts by commenting below! Thank you for reading!