How To Find Best Protein Powder For Weight Gain Without Side Effects
Using protein powder to gain weight is a usual option for most people. However, there are some cases wherein people may have second thoughts on using it since it may cause several side effects.
Yes, just like any other supplements, protein powder for weight gain also contains several ingredients that may cause your body to react differently. It's important to be aware of its possible side effects.
It may not that severe, but it's always good to consider its impact on our body’s overall health. Therefore, skinny guys should consider best protein powder for weight gain without side effects.
Common Side Effects of Protein Supplements
Before buying any protein supplements for gaining weight like whey protein powder, casein protein, egg protein, rice protein, hemp protein, pea protein, and soy protein for gaining weight or any other weight gain supplements, it is important that you should be aware of the possible side effects that protein supplements may cause.
- Metabolic Issues
Most protein supplements available on the market, specifically whey and casein protein, are derived from milk. Therefore, these types of protein supplements contain lactose, which is not really good for people who are lactose intolerant.
When people with this condition consume whey and casein protein, they may experience bloating or flatulence, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and even vomiting.
- Irregularities in the Blood Sugar Level
According to research, protein helps in reducing the level of blood sugar. However, there are some protein products, especially protein powders, that are available in different flavors. These actually contain added sugar and other additives.
These are the very reasons why people consuming flavored protein powders sometimes experience an unexpected rise in their blood sugar.
- Gaining Too Much Weight
Since most protein supplements that are available in different flavors contain artificial sweeteners and added sugar, there is a possibility that overconsumption of protein supplements may cause you to gain weight unhealthily.
Not just weight that is gained in building up the muscles, but the weight that is caused by fats.
- Kidney Alterations
Protein is known to produce ammonia as its by-product. This ammonia then converts into urea, which is naturally excreted by the body through the kidney as urine. Therefore, the more protein you take, the more urea you excrete.
Studies show that high-protein intake of the body results to several renal alterations including the acceleration of chronic kidney disease, as well as the glomerular hyperfiltration.
- Bone Loss
Protein is really necessary for hair and bone development. However, protein supplements derived from non-vegetarian sources like eggs and beef are naturally acidic. More intake of this type of protein increases the body’s blood acidity.
To neutralize the acidity, our body releases alkaline substances like phosphate and calcium from the bones. This gradually weakens the bones.
Best Protein Powder for Weight Gain Without Side Effects: 5 Choices For Skinny Guys
To maximize the benefits of protein powder, using the best protein powder for weight gain without side effects should be considered. Here are some of the best protein powder products that you can choose from.
12 Pound Serious Mass Gainer Protein Powder by Optimum Nutrition
This protein powder is one of the best protein powders for weight gain without side effects. It is manufactured by Optimum Nutrition. It contains 1,250 calories for every scoop serving that ensures optimum benefits of gaining weight.
It weighs 12 pounds with a dimension of 6.1 x 11.2 x 18.3 inches. It comes in a combination of green and black container.
- This protein powder contains 50 grams of protein for every serving.
- It is guaranteed to have high-calorie content, specifically 1,250 calories for every scoop.
- This product also contains 250 grams of carbohydrates in each serving.
- This also includes 25 vitamins and minerals that are helpful in gaining weight.
- This also contains Creatine and Glutamine amino acids.
- This protein powder can be added to fruit shakes, peanut butter, nuts, and others.
- This may cause bloating if taken in excessive amount.
- This contains added sugar. Therefore, it is advised to consume in a smaller amount.
Chocolate-flavored Genuine Protein Powder by Muscle Milk
This protein product manufactured by Muscle Milk is laced with chocolate flavor. It offers 32 grams of protein, 310 calories, and 3 grams of leucine in every two scoops. It also contains 20 essential vitamins and minerals that are good for bodybuilding.
It weighs 2.5 pounds with a dimension of 6 x 6 x 10 inches. It comes in a white plastic can with a combination of red, black, and white label.
- This protein powder can be taken anytime during the workout. This can also be taken during meals or snacks.
- It contains 32 grams of protein, 310 calories, and 3 grams of leucine for every two-scoop serving.
- This also offers 20 essential vitamins and minerals.
- This protein powder is guaranteed to be gluten-free and is safe for people with celiac disease.
- This can be added to shakes, smoothies, and even pancakes.
- The protein in this product has a Protein Digestibility Amino Acid Score of 1.0, which is the highest score a protein food can attain.
- This product uses a natural sweetener called Stevia.
- The product plastic bottle is not of high-quality.
- Some buyers claimed that the chocolate taste in this product tastes awful due to the product’s change of formula.
Double Chocolate-flavored Pro-Gainer Protein Powder by Optimum Nutrition
This product is another best protein powder for weight gain without side effects that is manufactured by Optimum Nutrition. It is composed of high biological value proteins, which make the product easily digested and absorbed by the body.
It weighs 10.2 pounds with a product dimension of 6 x 5 x 4 inches. It comes in a black container.
- This product provides 60 grams of premium muscle-building protein,
- This protein powder has a high biological value of its protein, making it easily digested by the body.
- This product also provides carbohydrates and lipids that provide energy to the body and prevents the protein from burning as a fuel.
- It contains 85 grams of carbohydrates, 4 to 5 grams of fiber, and only 5 grams of sugar for every serving.
- It also contains 26 essential vitamins and minerals that support protein in building up the muscles.
- This product provides 600 calories per serving.
- This can be added to any type of food.
- This may cause bloating and constipation if taken excessively.
10.38 Pounds Chocolate Milkshake-flavored True Mass 1200 Powder Protein by BSN
This protein powder comes in a chocolate milkshake flavor ideal for milkshakes and smoothies. It features an ultra-premium super mass gainer, which makes gaining weight more effective.
It weighs 10.4 pounds with a dimension of 16 x 8 x 12 inches. It comes in a red package.
- This product provides over 1200 calories for every serving.
- It also provides 50 grams of multi-source protein.
- This also contains 215 grams of carbohydrates, specifically from rolled oats.
- This also contains BCAAS and other amino acids that are effective in building up the muscles.
- Aside from chocolate milkshake, this product is also available in other five flavors – cookies and cream, strawberry, strawberry milkshake, vanilla, and vanilla ice cream.
- The powder does not mix well with liquids.
Chocolate-flavored Collegiate Protein Powder by Muscle Milk
This product is one of the best protein powder manufactured by Muscle Milk. Aside from protein, it also provides Omega-3s that is good for the heart.
It weighs 5.3 pounds with a dimension of 6 x 5 x 4 inches. Product comes in a white plastic container with a black and brown label.
- This product contains fortified protein added with iron and Omega-3s for extra nutrition while building up the muscles.
- It also contains carbohydrates and fats designed to help increase body mass effectively and efficiently.
- This product also features Cytocarb II that helps keep the body’s muscle in good condition during workouts.
Its consistency is too thick and very slimy even if it is added with more water.
Gaining weight does not have to be painful. The entire health of the body should always be taken into account while building up the body. Although protein powders are very helpful, it is better to choose the best protein powder for weight gain without side effects.
As for me, I highly recommend the Double Chocolate-flavored Pro-Gainer Protein Powder by Optimum Nutrition. Aside from having a high biological value of its protein content, it also offers 26 micronutrients that are essential in building up the body. It also contains fiber, which is good for the body.
Which of these five best protein powder for weight gain without side effects do you prefer?Thanks for reading and share this with others who are interested in gaining weight safely.