Do Posture Correctors Work? Some Benefits Of Using Them
Having a good posture is every man’s goal. It makes us look confident and prevents neck and back pains. Even in the early 19th century, men are known to wear corsets to support their backs. It also helped them prevent back pains due to bad posture.
If you’re looking to improve your bad back posture, a posture corrector might be suitable.
Do Posture Correctors Work?
We have 3 natural curves in our body. One is located in the Cervical region, another in the Thoracic region, and one in the sacrum. These 3 curves are important to keep our posture straight. A posture corrector helps our posture from losing these natural curves and helps avoid slacking. It can help our body to keep upright, and prevent shoulders to bend forward. On the other hand, it aligns our spine and relieve pressure off from some of the muscles.
Benefits of Posture Corrector
Some of the benefits of Posture Correctors are:
- Improves Bodily Alignment: When we stand or sit with our bodies properly aligned, our organs function efficiently and as intended.
- Relieves Neck and Back Pain: When we have proper posture, our spine and bones easily support our body’s weight.
- Improves Breathing: Posture Correctors restrict shoulder movements, when our shoulders are pulled back, it makes our chest muscles stretch, which in turn gives our lungs more room to expand, to help us breath efficiently.
- Makes Us Look Slimmer and Taller: Bad posture makes our stomachs protrude, and slumping makes us look smaller, but with the help of posture correctors, we can stand straight and regain our good appearance.
- Gives Comfort to the Body: Posture correctors provide the necessary comfort needed by our body by taking the pressure off our necks, upper backs, and our shoulders.
- A Posture Corrector can help prevent physical injury, or prevent aggravate an old injury.
- It helps train our brains to sit up straight all the time, even after removing the posture corrector.
- It can help speed up the recovery process for people with posture related problems.
Considered Factors When Buying Posture Corrector
When buying a posture corrector here are a few things you should consider:
- It should give support and should be comfortable
- It should be lightweight, but can provide full support on back and neck.
- Stretch felt on the shoulders is a good sign of efficiency for posture correctors.
- Consider using posture correctors made from breathable materials.
- It should be hygienic, washable and can be worn under the clothes discreetly.
It is crucial to say that posture exercises are still the best solution for correcting our postures, and these posture correctors are no substitute for posture exercises. It is advisable to do exercise together with the use of these posture braces. This will aid the muscle to relax while improving our posture.It is also recommended to ask the advice of health professionals before using any kind of posture corrector.