Several workout tools have been invented to aid fitness enthusiasts like you in your quest for a healthier lifestyle. Weighted vest in one of the workout must-haves that most people choose not to have since they know little about the benefits of the weighted vest.
In today’s article, we will specifically discuss its advantages and a few of its recommended best weighted vest reviews to guide you when purchasing a weighted vest.
The Benefits of Weighted Vest
Here are the 4 benefits that you can get from wearing a weighted vest:
1. Cardiovascular Health
When doing your cardiovascular health, wearing a weighted vest can help increase your cardiovascular health. The vest will add weight to your upper body, straining and forcing your muscles to work harder. In other words, wearing weighted vest can help keep your heart and lungs healthy.
2. More Bone and Muscle Strength
To be able to last longer in your workout routines, you have to have a strong body. Wearing your a weighted vest can increase your bone strength and muscle strength. With the extra weight added, your muscles are forced to work harder.
This build more strength in your muscles, as well as endurance. The same thing goes with your bone muscles. The more weight or strain is added, the more your bone will grow and create bone mass.
3. Lose Weight Easily
If the purpose of your workout is to shed off some weight, then weighted vest is an excellent addition to your training equipment. If you wear a weighted vest, the more strength and energy are needed to complete the exercise. If more energy and strength are used, you burn more calories during the exercise.
4. Improved Balance
Another benefit that you can reap from wearing a weighted vest is better body balance. Since more weight is added to your body, you become more aware of your balance. This helps improve your ability to balance yourself despite the added weight. Moreover, making your body gain the right balance will also improve your body’s posture.
Best Weighted Vest Reviews: 5 Recommendations
** Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can click links above to see current prices and read customer's review on Amazon
Our Top Rated Weighted Vest Reviews
RUNFast/Max Pro Weighted Vest Review
RunFast Weighted vest is the best weighted vest for running. Runners and Triathlon enthusiasts can take advantage of this weighted vest when preparing for their big events. Surely, it is a great buy that is worth your money.
- Available in various weights. You can choose from 12 lbs to 60 lbs.
- This weighted running vest adds significant resistance to your body, which is a great plus when running.
- It comes with shoulder pads for added comfort. Besides, the weights are removable, giving you flexibility when choosing the weights.
- The weights are iron ore instead of the sand bag. Iron ore is heavier as compared to sand.
- It only has 1 size. This one-size-fits-all weighted vest may not be suitable for those who have too broad and too skinny upper body.
- Some customers have issues with the 12 lbs vest, so make sure you know your body size before purchasing one.
Cross 101 Adjustable Weighted Vest Review
For those looking for an excellent weighted vest for daily workouts, this is the best weighted vest for training! This adjustable weighted vest is suitable and comfortable to wear in various workout and tone exercises.
- 40 lbs weight gives enough resistance for your daily workouts.
- This weighted workout vest are divided into 10 pieces with 4lbs each. So it can be adjusted in 4 lbs increments.
- Maximum weight is 40 lbs, not flexible.
- Cross weighted training vest is not suitable for girls with small shoulders. The vest has 13” width.
Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO Unisex Review
If you aren’t a fan of intense workouts and prefers to have light exercise instead like walking, then Hyperwear vest is the one for you. This is the best weighted vest for walking because of its lightweight and comfortable material.
- Hyperwear Hyper Vest PRO Unisex is made from a thin profile which allows you to have full range motion while walking.
- Fabric used is very comfortable and odor resistant. It can be worn under another layer of jacket during walks in cold weather.
- Unisex design, perfect for both male and female.
- You can not use this weighted vest in full running exercise as the fabric may not hold the weight if you go on full range.
ZFOSports 40LBs Adjustable Weighted Vest Review
Are you a sports person? Do you like sports like basketball? Then ZFOsports is the best weighted vest for basketball. This weighted vest is specifically designed for sports activity. It has a unisex design, allowing both male and female to wear comfortably.
- A broad range of weights for you to choose. This gives great resistance for basketball players.
- This weighted vest has secure straps, allowing you to move freely when playing basketball.
- ZFOSports 40LBs Adjustable Weighted Vest is adjustable, allowing you up to ¾ pound increments.
- Additionally, product has a lifetime warranty.
- There is only 1 size available. So the size may not fit well with some people.
- Some customers have issues with the fasten strap.
- It needs to be carefully strapped since a hole may develop in the strap if not secured correctly.
CAP Barbell Adjustable Weighted Vest Review
CAP Barbell adjustable weighted vest is one of the top rated weighted vests on the market. A lot of its customers are praising its high-quality materials and durability.
- It’s velcro strap fasteners can hold a lot of weight, so you don’t have to worry about the strap falling out.
- CAP Barbell Adjustable Weighted Vest is the best choice of weighted vest for those who want to lose extra calories.
- Product is comfortable to use. You also have lots of pockets to hold the weights.
- There are reports about mix-ups in delivery.
- Some delivered package lacks one weight, making a few customers frustrated.
Tips When Choosing Weighted Vest For Various Needs
Choosing the ideal weighted vest for you is all a matter of purpose and preference. So, here’s a list of tips when deciding which one to buy:
If you are thinking of purchasing a weighted vest for running, then you have to consider the weight and quality of the materials. Too much resistance when running may not be good for your cardio, so choose wisely.
Also, a good weighted best with a high-quality material is needed. When running, your body is in motion, making the weights strain against the material.
When looking for a weighted vest review for workouts, you need to look for the one that reviews and considers comfort and size. Remember, your body will be in different positions when working out, so make sure your vest fits well despite the various positions and is comfortable to use all throughout.
For sports, a weighted vest with high-quality material and adjustable weights prove to be helpful. Since athletes are always on the move, vest with excellent quality is highly recommended.
A weighted vest is a good addition to your workout equipment. It does not only help your body have more strength, endurance, and power, but it also helps you improve your performance in various activities like sports.
For beginners, it is recommended to start with a vest with lower weights to avoid sore muscles and fatigue during workouts and exercises.