Everybody has the desire to stay physically fit and trim, both men and women alike. Today, weight loss happens to be the primary goal of a lot of people around the world. Among many other ways to get rid of those extra pounds, running happens to be one of the most efficient ways to burn that fat and stay fit at all times.
The fact remains that running an excellent way to lose a significant amount of weight and tone up your body muscles. If you have burning desire to get back in shape, I recommend that you opt for running to get rid of the extra fat in your system.
Any individual can conveniently burn as much as 270 calories per mile, but it will depend directly on the person's body weight and how fast the individual is running.
A rough calculation shows that losing 270 calories per mile would result in loss of around 100 calories in an hour. Apart from cross country skiing, intense running has been noted to be the best and most reliable form of weight loss exercise.
Apart From Weight Loss, Running Also Provide Other Health Benefits Including:
- It helps improve heart health.
- It also contributes to lower your cholesterol level significantly.
- It boosts your metabolism.
- It helps in lowering your blood pressure.
- It builds your overall confidence and self-esteem.
Important Facts About Running For Weight-Loss
1. Running for Weight Loss Cannot Work Alone Confused?
Well, it is true. Running alone doesn't reduce your weight. It must be paired with proper diet. In some cases, you may be shocked that instead of seeing a well trimmed and fit you, you will see the same old you or even a bigger you! This is because as the person runs, he will burn more calories, depleting his stored supply of carbohydrates and nutrients, thus making him grow hungrier.
Hungry people tend to eat more loads of carbohydrates and other foods, and alas! --- A new and bigger you. So if you have plans of running, eat only healthy foods such as whole grains, fruits, and vegetables to help you be in shape.
2. High and Low Intensity on Running for Weight Loss
The common belief that jogging and walking are more efficient in burning body fat is true. Running in a slow manner will burn more of your fat deposits because, after 30 minutes of running, the body will shift its supply of energy from carbohydrates to fat.
This is very effective in toning your muscles. But what we are talking here is losing weight and so let us dig a bit deeper into this. Running slowly burns body fats and builds more muscles, but muscles are denser than fat, that is why when you weigh yourself you are still heavy.
Knowing little progression in your weight loss goals may be disappointing but keep in mind that you have lost a significant amount of fat deposits and you now have a firmer built. What you must do now is concentrate on losing the extra pounds or calories.
The solution is simple, running at a faster pace. Increasing the intensity of your runs will lead to more calories burned per minute. For safety reasons, do your hiit running plan routine twice a week only. Cover your distance with low intensity and high intensity exercises to meet goals.
Just remember that if running for weight loss is your goal, be sure to run regularly. Warming up followed by stretching for a few minutes before running must be done. Perform cool down exercises right after your every run.
Great Tips For Your Journey
With all that has been said, it is evident to see that you have a role to play if you want to get rid of those extra pounds through running. Running for weight loss may be a little bit difficult at the beginning, however, as you progress in this great workout, it becomes very easy, and the best part is you can do it anywhere, and you can freely choose your pace.
Let us look at some great tips to fire up your running weight loss journey.
- Fire up your exercise with a good run. Walking is a good exercise. But in the same way that you need to intensify walking to burn more calories, you need to make a quick switch from walking to get more out of your cardio. A 15-minute run would be a good starting point.
- Warm up and cool down. It is noteworthy to mention that when opting for running weight loss exercise, you need to warm up before a run and cool down after. Start with a walk, working into a brisk walk then a slow jog moving to a moderate jog. After the run, cool down and follow the reverse, going from moderate jog for a walk before coming to a complete stop.
- Amp up with the interval run. Interval runs are another way to put variety into your running workout. Simply do a fast run or sprint for 10 seconds then slow down to a 10-second walk. Do ten sets of this for a quick running weight loss exercise.
- Heat things up a bit with the uphill run. The more effort you exert, the more calories you burn. Intensify your workout by running up a hill but choose a smooth slope that you can sustain. A standard rule for keeping track of the calories burned is that for every degree of incline, you burn 10% more calories than when running on the flat surface.
- Make it a habit. To get the most out of this excellent workout, you have to make it your lifestyle. Draw out a workout routine specifically for running and follow it judiciously till you get your desired results. Also remember that once you achieve your goal, you still have to follow the healthy way to maintain those great results.
Since weight loss is your primary motivation for running, you should be able to see great results by running three days per week. Just remember that each time you go on a run, work hard enough to boost your heart rate and enter the fat burning zone.
Also do not forget to take a day off between runs, doing this gives your body time to recover before taking another run.
All in all, a great cardio workout such as running is your best bet to blast those extra fats away and keep them off for good. So make a decision today and go out for a run to get that banging body you desire. Here's to fitness!